Nikhil Sen - a lamp fades in new dawn

Sudden demise of Nikhil Sen, reminded me of what Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji has been mentioning during satsang queries. We are all moving towards our individual final destination riding on a conveyor system. Some ahead some behind, does not matter for the goal will one day be reached sooner or later.

Thing that struck me in Nikhil's sudden exit, and is a big mystery, when the moment to exit arrives no one knows. This brought back few memories that I have of subtle significance that I thought would be worth sharing.

I knew Nikhil very little, therefore probably least qualified to write about him. However, each interaction with him showed that he had a serene personality and vibrancy. One of my first interactions with Nikhil were perhaps initial days of joining the AOL family. During VM inaugural 2003, back stage seva with then known teen deviyaan (Nandini Sen, Rajita Kulkarni and Chinky Sen) got me in touch with Nikhil as another fellow family member.

Since at that stage I was seeking a break back into corporate world to get a playing field to apply the techniques learnt during aol self development programs I had undergone, I actually got Nikhil's official number and email from Nandini. I called him to check if he could help me in my job search within his organisation (Britannia), as well his wide network. He was very sweet receptive and asked me to forward my profile. I ended up finally getting a break in IBM with divine grace, Nikhil's interaction did leave a mark on my mind about his tall personality.

When we finally moved to ashram, post my tenure with IBM and corporate world came to a logical end, a new beginning initiated, I met him on one of the evening drives around the campus with Gurudev. We had reached hathishala (place where ashram elephants Indrani and Maheshwara are kept). Gurudev as usual fed both of them and sat back into the car. Nikhil who had followed in another car was standing closeby and I spontaneously gestured him to sit with Gurudev in seat next to G. However, knowing very well that I had been sitting there he politely declined and generally encouraged me to sit in with a soft touch on my left shoulder blade. He went back and sat in the other car.

Usually getting such an offer to sit with Gurudev, one would probably jump and seize the opportunity, yet for him it made no difference since Gurudev would often call him directly whenever he was needed. A subtle message imprinted into my mind yet again.

Having been in the corporate sector successfully lead Britannia to its peak, followed by setting up another venture Unibic in short while giving a run to competitors were some of the leadership traits I observed in him. His ardent interest and support to AOL service initiatives like schools, and most recent branding of Sri Sri Tattva demonstrated he had skills par excellence.

A pleasing persona, strong pillar chose to just sleep away one night after finishing regular daily chores both at Unibic, AOL and family, leaving void and deep message for everyone behind to wonder at.

May divine grace continue to keep him blessed in higher realm, give solace and strength to his family and friends to learn from his lifetime lessons.

Om Namah Shivayah, Om Namah Bhagvate Vasudevaya...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Management is about breaking free, being self reliant, being you..!

GURUdom from land of saints...

Breaking Free - the flow....