Go Goa Gone...!

29 days, 60 rudrapujas, 60 locations (including a Prison), 6000+ direct beneficiaries and still counting...!

It came in as a last minute surprise, visit to Goa for Shraavan Maas Rudrapujas was indeed a blessing in disguise from an initial 3weeks trip that turned into 30days post confirmation had me bemused yet again at the certainty of uncertainty..!

Way back in June in a WhatsApp group created for teachers who have been blessed by Gurudev to perform rudrapujas, few started asking out of genuine concern as to when would the deployment plans be announced for the current year and many like me silently observed what was going to happen. Having remained witness to all exchanges I finally broke my silence by assuring the group that "have heard from reliable sources that VDS team is working to come up with the plans and that we maintain our patience and keep our hopes up for soon to be announced schedules..."

Almost 50days past by and nothing really came up except sharing by a few who were deployed in north part where the pujas begin 15days before the southern/western parts of country. The patience limit was getting stretched as usual beyond current known capacities. Finally I mustered the courage based on a query by a friend to send a personal ping to the HoD who reverted with, "you will surely know if and when anything happens...".

Another 10days past beyond the above response and my heart began to pound even faster as to if anything was going to happen at all this time. Last time too due to my extended travel in Nepal for Government Executive Programs, my scheduled visit to Pathankot area had to be dropped. I quietly wrote to Gurudev using the newly downloaded "Elyments" App, BBM having been sunset, sharing the situation and my interest to travel 30-45days this time. Hoping and praying for best to happen, I mentally prepared to let go and even told my family so what if it happens or it does not...!

Finally I ended up pinging the coordinator who graciously reverted that we are working and will soon know. An insight from another source indicated that due to last minute changes in allocation plans initiated by Gurudev, the team was unable to publish the plans. Another few days and call from the vds desk checking for my comfort to travel to Goa from 12thAug - 8th Sept solaced my soul of sorts. Having said yes just a few hours later a return call announced it was a mistake that the dates are preponed from 2nd-30th Aug and if I would be ok to go at such short notice else they could look at splitting the duration between two people. I without a blink said no problems its ok will go ahead and make travel bookings.

The travel day, a week hence, arrived rather sooner than anticipation with all the major works of getting our car registration transferred to local number, 3 trips to RTO, ITax return filing, regular official stuff and home errands made the time disappear into oblivion. 

Meanwhile my interaction with the Goa coordinator was not yielding much insight into the schedules except that there would be at least 2 pujas everyday till 30th Aug. 2 days before my scheduled travel Gurudev was scheduled to leave for his Ayodhya trip and only chance to spend sometime with him and get his personal blessings before my travel seemed to be rather bleak. Despite my being around him couple times during satsang and puja in yagnashala it appeared he was not looking or looking through me. The usual internal assurance that he is anyways aware kept me grounded.

Finally a call to one of divine secrataries, landed me right into Ganga Kutir where HE was as usual busy meeting greeting and listening in to many who needed his much precious attention. As usual I was looking keenly and intently like a baby observing all his tactically fun filled moves somewhere internally settled with him not calling me due to last minute busyness. He arose with a flare and turned around with his whites flicking left to right, a big grin, a large twinkle in his eyes and he bracing both his arms started moving towards the door. Everyone followed like a pied piper led mouse. Right outside, he shared gigglingly with few gathered close by that, "you know all this while, there has been no Ram picture or idol in Ganga, and only a few weeks ago, a devotee presented a Ram Idol, and I thought now it will have to be done..."

Having been privy to such inner information, I simply forgot about my own reason for being there. Soon Gurudev sat in his car and closed the door. As he was about to move, he suddenly looked around seeking someone.... finally his gaze stopped at me standing behind many in front row and said... "tu ja raha hai na pujas ke liye...?!...." . As if I had any choice other than nodding my head in affirmation and his car went by, taking my breathe and life force away...!

What really happened in Goa, is a story for another day, for now however it should suffice to say that there were amazing experiences shared by everyone wherever we went they already had stories from previous pujas. One of the 1st teacher's said been seeing pujas 15years in a row, this one however is so different and have completely blown us away. One volunteer said your training seems to have been different, this is the 5th puja at home and its so intriguingly moving, your involvement and engagement moment by moment is so very inspiring..... Bhootnath ji giving darshan in one puja and numerous pujas in temples including Brahmadev Devasthan were real eye openers..! Well less said the better for only one thing is certain its all Gurudev's grace and magic is all I know, feel and can say...

....... may be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Management is about breaking free, being self reliant, being you..!

GURUdom from land of saints...

Breaking Free - the flow....